How the Study Works

Everyday Objects is a Bible study that uses visual association with objects we see in our daily life to memorize God's word. Very simply:
1. You see an object
2. A word comes to mind (any word, not just 'Spiritual' words), 3. Using a Bible Concordance, you find & study a verse in the Bible that has that word understanding the context & application to your life.
4. Everytime you see that object, you try to recall the verse or the Biblical application to your life.

The study uses things we see everyday to guide us into and remind us of God's Word.
Example:
When you see a coffee pot, you may think of the word morning or cup. You use a condordance to look up verses with the word morning or cup & study the verse--trust me, both those words are in the Bible. You pick one verse & do a study on that verse. Then, through the week, every time you see a coffee pot you try to remember the verse and application. Before you know it, you'll have the verse memorized! The more objects you do, the more verses you'll remember and the more of God's Word you'll be hiding in your heart & mind! It's that easy.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Review Lessons 1 - 10/Most Memorable Lessons

Hi ladies!
Well, for me the most memorable lesson was the one with the picture of the laundry. The verse I studied was John 20:5-8 when Jesus rose from the tomb and the linens were remaining. I truly cannot look at my kids clothes on their bedroom floor or the folded laundry the same again! Praise the Risen Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Manar shared the following lessons:
    Week 2
    Object: Laundry
    Word: Annoying, Irritating
    Verse: Proverbs 12:16 "A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult"
    Application: Laundry is always an area where i can get easily annoyed and irritated. I was excited to see this verse and learn a very simple practical lesson. I decided to write it on a memo card and hang it somewhere close to the washer.. to remind me that I need to control my temper, not to lose my joy because of the daily unpleasant chores, but think of it as an opportunity to practice "prudence" in all areas of life.

    Week 4
    Object: Newspaper
    Word: News
    Verse: Psalm 112: 1 & 7 " Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in His commands..... He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
    Application: I was reminded that there always be bad news coming; it is a fact; but the truth is that all who fears the Lord, should have no fear of bad news.. always trust in the Lord.

    Week 7
    Object: Shoes
    Word: Walk
    Verse:

    Genesis 5:24 Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away
    Genesis 17:1When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty ; walk before me and be blameless.
    Deuteronomy 8:6 Observe the commands of the LORD your God, walking in his ways and revering him.
    Application: It was interesting to see the different prepositions attached to the same verb "walk" to give it a new deeper meaning.. I felt that God is teaching me how wide and deep the concept of "walking with God" is.. I am becoming aware of (1) walking with God like Enoch/having a non-stop fellowship with HIm; (2) walking before God/fearing God in all what I do, think or contemplate; and (3) walk in His ways/ following His commands and example.

    Week 8
    Object: Stop Sign
    Word: Stop
    Verse: Job 37:14 "Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God's wonders.
    Application: a reminder that in the busyiness of life, i need to make frequent stops, with the only purpose is "to consider God's wonders" everywhere around me: in His words, in the nature, and in people around me..

    Week 9
    Object: Flowers
    Word: Flower
    Verse: Song of Solomon 2:12 Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come
    Application: I love flowers and therefore was looking for kind of a nice/positive comment about them in the Bible :-) and then I found this verse.. Since I like having flowers and enjoy all the time, i want to be reminded whenever I look at flowers that it's time to sing praises to God.. and thus teaching myself how to give thanks to our Lord all the time...

    Week 10
    Object: Mirror
    Word: Neat, Appearance
    Verse: 1 Samuel 16:7 The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
    Application: Whether i'm looking at myself or others, i should always know that the heart is what I need to care most about.

    ReplyDelete